These need no introduction. I use this mix for the base of my cookie Dough brownies but it makes the best cookies. fudgy, crispy, big chunks. Isn’t a warm cookie with melty chocolate chunks + a mug of tea just the best. love a little sea salt flakes over the top too.
I have to say, they come pretty damn close to the best ever cookie I had in LA, from egg slut. who knew egg slut could do the best ever cookie + scrambled eggs.
- 125g butter, softened
- 125g light brown sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 325g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g white chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C. line two large baking trays with parchment paper and set aside
- Add all the ingredients apart from the chocolate to the bowl of a freestanding mixer and beat to combine.
- add the chocolate and salt and gently mix through, briefly.
- you can use an mini ice cream scoop to do this if you like to save time. if not. divide the mix into 20, shape into balls and divide among the trays. Spacing adequately apart as they do spread a little. Alternatively you can wrap the entire mix in a long sausage shape in parchment and freeze for later use.
- pop into the oven for 12 minutes until golden and cooked but still a little soft. allow to cool almost completely on the tray, removing too soon means they’ll fall apart when you try to move them. grab a cup of tea and you’re good to go.