Step into midweek meal heaven.
Grab yourself a bag of fresh gnocchi in the supermarket and get ready for a quick dinner. I love fennel seeds so they make it to almost everything. They’re a no brainer in my books. Sneak in a little spinach at the end for the greens.
This dish is definitely one up on bangers and mash. Getting good quality pork sausage meet isn’t a bad call here.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g sausage meat
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 350ml passata
- 500g gnocchi
- 100g spinach
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- small handful dill.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over a low heat. Add the garlic, sausage meat and fennel seeds to this. breaking up the sausage meat with a wooden spoon. Fry for 8-10 minutes stirring regularly until it turns golden brown.
- Add the cherry tomatoes to this and sauté for 5-6 minutes until softened a little.
- Add the passata, bring to a simmer and then add the gnocchi. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the gnocchi is almost cooked. Stir through the spinach until wilted.
- serve into bowls topped with parmesan and a little fresh dill.