There’s a few flavours I really love. Miso and mushrooms. and luckily, they work here.
I may aswell be honest here, and it’s the same with a lot of recipes, some come about because of bits I’ve tried on my travels but these, these, because I fancied the idea of this that I created in my head. I could see this in my head but just had to bring it to real life.
I didn’t however know what sauce I was going to serve with it and basically the miso butter sauce came about because the little jar of miso had been eyeballing me in the fridge every time I opened it. Try these, they’re good.
- 100g buckwheat
- 6 eggs
- 150ml almond milk
- small handful chervil
- 200g wild chanterelle mushrooms
- 2 tsp miso
- 25g butter
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Add the buckwheat to a nutribullet and blend until fine. add 2 of the eggs, almond milk and seasoning to this and blend once again.
- Heat a large non stick crepe pan over a medium heat. brush the pan with a little of the butter then pour in 1/4 of the mix. swirl around to coat the pan in a thin, even surface. crack an egg in the centre, allow to cook until the egg white is almost opaque, this takes about a minute or two.
- Fold in the edges to create a square shape but leaving the yolk visible. set aside, keep warm and repeat to give you four in total.
- While the pancakes are cooking get a small non stick pan on the go. Add a knob of butter and the mushrooms, briefly toss to coat in the butter and season, they’ll cook almost instantly. set aside then add the miso and rest of the butter to the pan along with a little water and whisk to combine and create a sauce.
- Serve the pancakes on warm plates, top with the mushrooms, chervil and drizzle with sauce along with lots of black pepper.