Isolation inspiration. Carbonara soda bread. Bacon, Parmesan + bread. basically the contents of my fridge in a loaf, it’s funny how much comes from having less.
- 500g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 300ml milk
- 125g bacon lardons, crisped
- 75g parmesan, finely grated
- 2 sprigs thyme, leaves removed
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 large organic egg
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Sprinkle a little flour on a baking tray and set aside.
- Stir together all the ingredients, setting aside a tablespoon of parmesan for the top.
- dust a surface with a little flour. Topple the dough out onto this. Shape and pop onto the tray. Use a sharp knife to make a cross in the top of the loaf, to slightly piece the surface. Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and sea salt.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.